Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Truth Tomorrow

Blog world, I have succumbed to you. 

I am not a very good writer.  Trust me, I know some good writers, and I am not one of them.  I do like to share about my life with others in some form of conversation, however.  I was a faithful journaler for many years until the pace of life far outran the pace of my journaling pen.  (In other words, I now have five children.)  So, I see this blog as a way to revive my old journaling habit.  I feel like I finally have something to say again. 

It is quiet right now.  Only ten more minutes until “tomorrow”.  I am sniffling because of a sudden cold.  I cannot breathe very well and my throat is raw.  Yet, I have so much thankfulness welling up inside of me right now.  I am grateful to be alive and to type and to have to freedom to say what I believe in.

 I do not know what “tomorrow” will bring.  But, this I know, God is already preparing that time for me.  I will not step into the next day without His creative and purposeful hand already working there.  Why do I doubt, fear, and become weary?  I think I do this because I am human – I fight my flesh.  I will fight throughout the day to find Truth.  Some moments I will lay hold of Truth and be in awe as It sets me free.  Other times I will look at Truth and turn the other way, wanting to be my own truth – never satisfying.

 So, my quest in the morning as I awake to the sounds of children stirring and a body that is unwilling to move, will be to search for Truth in every moment and to let Truth lay hold of me.
 
                 “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. (Matthew 13:44 ESV)

                 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls,   who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it. (Matthew 13:45-46 ESV)

From Your Fellow Sojourner,

 Katie Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment